Titles and diplomas
- Former Resident in the hospitals of Nantes
- Former Medical Assistant in the hospitals of Nantes
- Former Senior Registrar at the Faculty of Medicine of Nantes
- Award winner of the Faculty of Medicine of Nantes
- Master’s degree in Health Law – Law School, Bordeaux
- Member of the Société Française d’Ophtalmologie (SFO)
- Member of the Société Française des Implants et de la Chirurgie Réfractive (SAFIR)
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
After studying medicine at the Faculty of Medicine Lyon Sud, Dr. Pierre Bouchut specialized in ophthalmology during years as a speciality Resident, Fellow at the Faculty of Medicine and Medical Assistant at the Hospitals of Nantes. He gained solid surgical experience in anterior segment surgery, particularly in refractive and cataract surgery.
In 1998, he joined the Groupe Ophtalmologique Thiers at the Clinique Thiers in Bordeaux. The clinic specializes in eye surgery and is the leader in the South West of France.
In 2006, Dr. Bouchut was one of the founders of the Refractive Surgery Unit within the Clinique Thiers, the first in the region to offer Femtosecond laser technology.
Today, Dr. Pierre Bouchut is in charge of Refractive and Cataract Surgery within the Centre Ophtalmologique Thiers, with a personal experience of over 17,000 procedures of this type. He speaks at numerous national and international conferences and regularly publishes articles in this field of practice.